Friday, October 28, 2011

I Love You! Shifting to autopilot!!

You wanna know what's funny about those 3 little words.  Pita and I haven't said that to each other in months ... maybe even YEARS!!!!  Why I don't know because we used to say it all the time.  We NEVER got off the phone without saying "I love you!  I love you too!"  As a matter of fact if we didn't say it, we would call each other back and remind the other "I love you!" and we would just laugh!  Then one day it was never said again!!  SAD!!!

For the past month I think we say it to each other at least 10 times a day.  I say "I love you SUGAR! or I love you SWEETS!" and he RESPONDS each and every time!!  Makes me feel good!!  I don't want to think of the day he can't say it anymore..he will find a way to respond, I just know it.  He will be with the boys and I ALWAYS!

Autopilot is a very good analogy!!!  I put my game face on and shift to autopilot and do what I have to do.  I REFUSE to put Pita in a hospital.  He is my husband and I love and take care of him until he flys home with the angels!  I like to think he would do the same for me!  It comforts me to know that I am keeping him comfortable for the short time he has left in this life. 

I adore him and I will always cherish the gifts that were given to us 7 years ago...those beautiful boys!!  I am beginning to think GOD gave me the boys to somehow keep me happy in my husband's inevitable absence.  My cousin Franny put it best when I spoke to her last night.  She told me the boys were my "Jr. Pita's"  I just laughed and agreed!!  lol

I know one thing, if I had to go through this entire ordeal totally alone....I'd probably be a basket case.  The boys keep me grounded through this entire thing!!  People say I am the strong one, that I am the ROCK....truth is THEY are my ROCK!  I draw strength from them, they are the bravest human beings I know!  I love them so much and I can NEVER repay them for keeping me strong through all of this!  If I am the rock then C&M are the MOUNTAIN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment