Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hospice transition complete

While the home health aid was here today with Pita, the social worker came and we went through the Hospice transition paperwork and it is now complete.  He is now on Hospice as of today.  I have to admit I am still sitting here asking myself if I made the right decision and I know I did out of love.  I just want him to be happy and comfortable.  He actually admitted to me tonight when I brought him his dinner that he actually feels a little better.  I hope he is happier now that he will be getting even more home care.  We're gonna be ok!

I hope he eats his dinner.  He wanted half a bagel with cream cheese and jelly.  Maybe he will eat it because it's sweet.

G'nite Pita, sleep well and I will see ya in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. I think when he is feeling more comfortable, he will be able to eat more and chat more. Maybe not novels worth, but some nice conversations.
    It was nice to read about his eye roll and expression about the stripper pole. LOL

    He needs your sense of humor to be the same... he has lived with it all these years... and if it changes, it may weigh on his mind.

    (Now it is my turn to try to make sense of all in store for us.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bren, I do try to continue my sense of humor with him so he doesn't detect any "BAD" changes in our life. I also try and keep things as normal as possible for the boys also so as to not rock their boat! The more things remain the same the more ok we will be.

    ReplyDelete